BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 27, 2010

I HATE Snakes!


glitter-graphics.com

Well, it has been a DAY, and I am so tired, I think even my muscles that are in good shape are groaning...sigh.

I worked this morning, and on into the afternoon, finally making it home close to 4 o'clock, and of course, it is now time to serve supper, then dishes and so and so forth...bleck! Ok, I am just a little on the grumpy side, probably from lack of sleep, and that is the story I am about to share!

I think it all has to do with my SNAKE wrangling late yesterday afternoon, and early night. Hubs and I were out in the huckleberry patch, (we seem to live there the last week of May, and the whole month of June), and as we were placing trimmed limbs and such on the brush pile for burning, I noticed something bright orange, just a flash, mind you. Well, I went on about my business, and the Hubs had other things to do, too. So he left, and I went inside for a while to do some thing in the house and on the computer.

About an hour later, I went out to my car to get something, and again, that bright FLASH of orangey-red, and then I KNEW...WATER MOCCASIN! Now, I am not generally afraid of snakes, but this one had caught me off guard, completely. I have long since worn a holster and pistol at all times while working in the yard because we have had such problems in the past, and I did have them on. But this snake was HUGE!

Anyway to make a long story short, I shot the snake a couple of times, but, I didn't make a "killing" shot, and that rotten so and so crawled right up under my car, and sat there, curled up behind my tire where I could not get another clear shot! For TWO HOURS! (Did I mention that I HATE snakes? No? Well, I HATE SNAKES!)

So, there I was, Pistol-Packing Mama, waiting for this thing to move...and move he did, finally, like a steak of lightening...but, he now resides in snakey heaven, or wherever the heck snakes go to when they die, and to tell the truth, who cares, so long as it is anywhere, I AIN"T!! That last shot was a good one,and trust me, I will be toting that pistol for a while longer! I wish I had thought to take a pic, but to tell the truth, three shots with a 32 does just a wee bit of damage, and there wasn't a lot left.

Is it ok if I smile about that? BTW, I HATE SNAKES. I know, there are many who serve a purpose, and maybe that one had one too, but whatever it was, I sure hope he got it done before yesterday....and YES, I am smiling!

In my personal opinion, the only good snake is a dead snake, or one I NEVER have to see!

Brrrrrr, I am still a little shaken up...can you tell? Yipes!

Hope y'all have a nice night, and a snake-free one, too!

0 comments: