BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 31, 2010

Weekend Doin's and Pics

Little one and I made soap this weekend, both goats milk, and glycerin bars. I thought I would share some pics with you of that.

Photobucket

We chose to mold the soap in some lovely molds that I found at Hobby Lobby, imprinted with roses and cameos. Feminine and pretty, they just add a touch of whimsy, and we both enjoy that, :).

Here is a picture of Little One holding her Lavender and Invigorating Blend soap. It is very blue, as you can see. We use all natural fruit and veggie dyes for our soaps, and this dye is made from blueberry.

Photobucket

Though the photographer is not the best (meaning me, of course, LOL), here is a picture of the Strawberry soap we made.

Photobucket

This shows some of our completed soaps, Lavender and Invigorating Blend goats milk, Lemon Verbena with Orange Peel glycerin bars, and Strawberry and Citrus goats milk.

Photobucket


I feel it is very important to share these Home Arts with Little One, and I pray that as she continues to grow in her love of the Lord, and all things "home," she will conitue to pursue talents in this area. At our home, we stress the importance of being independent, and seeking ways to simplify in all things...even in soap, :).

She loves helping, and she has already mastered cross stitch, and some cooking skills. I am very proud of her desire to learn, and that she continues to pursue those gifts which the Lord has given her. I firmly believe each child has talents and gifts from God, and they should be encouraged, nurtured and treasured to the highest, don't you?

We did not get to do much work in the garden, because we had afternoon thunderstorms every day this weekend. We would have bogged down to our ankles, or even further. Happily, I had weeded, and Hubs had just "plowed between the rows on Thursday, so the garden looks nice, and the weeds are gone for the time being. I thought I would share a couple of those pics, too, :).

Photobucket

Remember when I was writing about companion plantings for the Front Porch? Here is an example in the garden: watermelons with corn:

Photobucket

I believe we are going to have bumper crops of tomatoes and peppers, too!

Photobucket

All in all, a good weekend! Praying You had one, too!

Until we meet again, may the Lord bless you GOOD!

In Him,
Bev

0 comments: